Welcome to the JUICE Singapore website, operated by JUICE Media Pte Ltd (“JUICE”). We work hard to bring you the best content we have to offer, and while we hope you enjoy your stay, please first take some time to read and understand the ground rules that ensure this website and its community stays brilliant. Now, let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
1. By using JUICE.com.sg (“Site”) and any of its applications, features or functionalities (collectively, “Services”), you hereby represent and warrant that:
II. you are at least 18 years of age and have the necessary legal capacity to agree to and be bound by the Terms before using the Site and its Services.
2. In this Agreement, the following definitions shall apply, unless the context does not permit such application:
“Account” means a registered account of a user opened under the Site.
“Computer” means your personal computer, laptop, notebook, tablet, mobile phone or any other electronic device used to access this Site and its Services.
“Content” means materials, information, news, advertisements, listings, data, input, text, songs, audio, video, pictures, graphics, software, blogs, webcasts, podcasts, broadcasts, messages, software, comments, suggestions, ideas and other content.
“Linked Sites” is defined in Clause 27.
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which a party has or is likely to have access.
“Server” means computer software, a system and server hosting, operating, managing, providing or contributing to the Site and its Services.
“Services” is defined in Clause 7.
“JUICE Content” means all Content that is made available on or via this Site.
“Third Party Products” means products and services of third parties, including other users, advertised on or available at the Site or websites linked from the Site.
The words “include” and “including” are meant to be illustrative and not exhaustive, and shall not be construed as having any limited effect.
Modifications to Terms
4. If you do not agree to modifications to the Terms, you agree to immediately cease using the Site and its Services.
Modifications to Site and Services
5. JUICE reserves the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue the whole or any portion of the Site and its Services at any time without notice to you, including the removal of user content that JUICE, in its sole discretion, believes to be obscene, offensive or otherwise objectionable, without notice or liability.
SITE AND SERVICES
6. The Site is owned and maintained by JUICE.
7. JUICE may offer one or more of the following services on or through the Site, including:
I. access to a collection of information, news, data, text, listings, graphics, images, videos, audio files, podcasts, webcasts, software applications and other types of works, including any print, digitised or electronic newspapers, magazines, apps or other content created by JUICE;
II. search engines or tools;
III. social networking platforms;
IV. email alerts; and
V. any other features, content or applications that JUICE may offer on or through the Site from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion.
8. You acknowledge and agree that to access and use certain features on the Site and its Services, you will be required to register an Account and will be bound to comply with the relevant conditions and conduct stipulated for Accounts in the Terms.
9. From time to time, JUICE will run competitions, promotions and surveys on the Site. These are subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made available at the time they are run.
10. You may not reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, display, communicate, transmit, broadcast, podcast, webcast, distribute, sell, trade or exploit, for any commercial or other purposes, any portion of, or any access to:
I. the Site and any of its Services; or
II. any JUICE Content except, to the extent permitted, with the prior written consent of JUICE or unless expressly permitted in the Terms.
11. Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 10, you agree not to reproduce, display or otherwise provide access to the Site and its Services or JUICE Content on another website or serve, for example through framing, mirroring, linking or any other technological means (including technology available in the future), without the prior written permission of JUICE.
12. You may for your personal, non-commercial use:
I. retrieve and display JUICE Content on any compatible device owned by you;
II. print a single copy of JUICE Content on paper (but not photocopy it); and
III. store such JUICE Content in electronic form on disk or on a mobile device owned by you (but not on any Server or other storage device connected to a network).
13. All JUICE Content is the copyrighted work of JUICE or its content or software providers, and JUICE reserves and retains all rights in the JUICE Content. Use of some JUICE Content may be governed by the terms of an accompanying end user license agreement.
14. You may not duplicate, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any JUICE Content available on the Site or through its Services, except under the specific circumstances expressly permitted by law or JUICE in writing.
15. The copyright, trademarks, registered designs and all intellectual property rights in the Site, Services and all JUICE Content, shall vest in and remain with JUICE.
16. The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the property of JUICE or other third parties, and all rights to the Marks are expressly reserved by JUICE or relevant third parties. You are not permitted to use any Marks without the prior written consent of JUICE or such third party. The name of JUICE or any other marks may not be used in any way, including in any advertising or publicity, without prior written permission from JUICE.
17. The domain name on which the Site is hosted is the sole property of JUICE, and you may not use or otherwise adopt a similar name for your own use.
18. You hereby undertake:
I. to comply with the Terms, and such other notices or guidelines that may be posted on the Site by JUICE from time to time (which are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms);
II. not to use the Site, its Services, or JUICE Content for any unlawful purpose, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, copyright law;
III. not to hack into, interfere with, disrupt, disable, over-burden or otherwise impair the proper working of the Site, Services or Servers, which shall include, but is not limited to, denial of service (DoS) attacks, spoof attacks, session hacking, sniffing, tampering, reverse-engineering or reprogramming;
IV. not to use the Site to incite or cause any racial or gender discrimination, or post any content which is insulting to any persons, groups, corporations, or governments; and
V. not to use the Account of another user at any time, whether with or without his/her permission.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS
19. JUICE Content is provided for informative purposes without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, JUICE disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, compliance with description, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, JUICE does not warrant that the functions contained in or access to the Site and its Services, JUICE Content or other content will be timely, uninterrupted or error-free or without omission, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site and its Services, JUICE Content or the Servers are free of viruses or other harmful components, or that download, installation or use of any JUICE Content in or with any Computer will not affect the functionality or performance of the Computer. JUICE does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the JUICE Content, the Site and its Services or the Servers in terms of their correctness, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not JUICE) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction, including any defect, problem or damage in any Computer.
20. The data and information made available on the Site are of a general nature and do not purport, and shall not in any way be deemed, to constitute an offer or provision of any professional or expert advice. JUICE encourages you to, at all times, consult a qualified expert or professional adviser to obtain independent advice and verification of the information and data contained herein before acting upon it.
21. You acknowledge and agree that JUICE does not endorse or recommend, is not an agent, reseller or distributor of, and has no control over Third Party Products, and JUICE hereby expressly disclaims all liabilities and responsibilities arising in relation to any Third Party Products, whether available or advertised via the Site or on Linked Sites.
22. You agree that all statements, offers, information, opinions, materials, and Third Party Products, from advertisers and other third parties on the Site and through its Services, should be used, accepted and relied upon with care and discretion at your own risk, and JUICE shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or liability incurred by you arising from such use or reliance.
23. You agree that:
I. JUICE shall be entitled, at any time without prior notice and at its sole discretion, to add, modify, suspend, terminate or withdraw the operation of the whole, or any part of feature of the Site and its Services, without assigning any reason; and
II. access to or the operation of the Site, its Services, and/or Servers may, from time to time, be interrupted or encounter technical or other problems, and may not necessarily continue uninterrupted, or without technical or other errors.
24.Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall JUICE be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use the Site and its Services, JUICE content, or any other website, even if JUICE or a JUICE authorised representative has been advised of, or should have foreseen, the possibility of such damages.
25. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, JUICE disclaims all liability for any direct, incidental or consequential damage or loss suffered by you that may result from the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, including but not limited to any loss of, or any inability to retrieve, any Personal Data, howsoever caused, or any inaccuracy in the Personal Data presented, used or transmitted.
26. You agree that the above exclusions and limitations of liability enable the Site and its Services and JUICE Content to be provided by JUICE at no cost to you.
27. JUICE may provide links to external sites (“Linked Sites”) that may be of relevance and interest to you and other users. JUICE has no control over, and is not responsible for, the content on Linked Sites, or for any damage you may incur from Linked Sites (including any virus, spyware, malware, malicious script, errors or damaging material contained in Linked Sites), or the availability of any content on Linked Sites. You hereby irrevocably waive any claim against JUICE with respect to Linked Sites.
Account Registration Conditions
29. The Site allows users to provide personal details to register an account (“Account”) for the purposes of receiving targeted and affiliate content, entering contests and gaining access to exclusive Services. By registering an Account for the Site, you hereby agree that:
I. your Account is for your sole, personal use;
II. you will not share with or permit others to use your Account or Password;
III. you will not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity.
30. As part of the registration process for the Account, you will select a password (“Password”) and user name (“Username”). In doing so, you agree not to:
I. select or use a Username of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
II. use a name subject to the rights of any other person without authorization; and
III. use a Username that JUICE, in its sole discretion, believes to be obscene, offensive or otherwise objectionable.
31. You will provide JUICE with accurate, complete and up-to-date Account information and further ensure that the information is kept updated and remains current, accurate and complete. You acknowledge that failure to do so may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your Account.
32. You shall be bound by and responsible for all communications and online activity conducted or transmitted through the use of your Username and Password, and all such communications shall be deemed to be communications made and issued by you.
33. You shall promptly notify JUICE of any known or suspected unauthorised use(s) of your Account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure of your Password. You shall be solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Username and Password.
34. JUICE shall have no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost, expenses or liabilities arising as a result of, or in connection with, wrongful or fraudulent use of your Username and Password.
35. You acknowledge that JUICE reserves the right to change or reassign your Username and/or Password (e.g. following a request to change your Password using the ‘Forgot Password’ feature) at its sole discretion by giving you notice. JUICE shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by you as a result of such change or reassignment.
36. The Site includes Services that allow users to publicly transmit messages and interact with one another (e.g. the comments sections). In using these Services, you agree and undertake to:
I. treat all users with respect and civility;
II. not solicit, harass, threaten, insult, defame or injure any other users, or commit any unlawful or tortious act against other users;
III. not use software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software and/or hardware or telecommunications equipment with respect to the Site, Services and other users; and
IV. not harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including personal information, email addresses, IP addresses, or user habits, without JUICE’s prior written consent.
Suspension and Termination of Account
37. You agree that JUICE has the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, to:
I. restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services; and
II. terminate, deactivate or suspend your Account, delete your Account and all related information and files in your Account, without notice or assigning reason.
38. You acknowledge that any infringing, fraudulent, abusive or otherwise illegal activity, or any breach of the Terms, shall be grounds for termination of your Account at JUICE’s sole discretion, and you may be reported to appropriate law-enforcement authorities if necessary.
39. You agree not to hold JUICE liable or responsible for any loss or damage incurred by you arising out of, or in connection with, the suspension and/or termination of your Account.
40.JUICE is under no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind in relation to the Site and its Services. However, we may provide you with customer support from time to time, at our sole discretion.
41. JUICE reserves the right to investigate notices of copyright, trademark and intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) in respect of JUICE content and other material on the Site (“Infringing Material”) and take appropriate action. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes Infringement, and such Infringement is occurring on the Site, please notify JUICE in writing immediately in the form and containing the information prescribed by the Singapore Copyright Act (Cap. 63) (“Infringement Notice”).
42. All Infringement Notices shall be sent to JUICE addressed as follows:
JUICE Media Pte Ltd
201 Henderson Road
#09-21 Apex @ Henderson
43. JUICE will duly consider all Infringement Notices submitted in the above manner. In return, you agree that you shall not take any legal action or exercise any legal remedy you may have against JUICE in respect of any Infringing Material, and thereafter JUICE refuses or fails to remove the Infringing Material within a reasonable time. Where JUICE removes the Infringing Material in response to your Infringement Notice, you agree not to exercise, and you hereby waive, any right of action against JUICE under applicable law which you may have in respect of any Infringing Material appearing on the Site prior to such removal by JUICE.
44. You acknowledge and agree that JUICE has no control and cannot undertake responsibility or liability in respect of Infringing Material appearing on linked or third party sites.
45. You agree to indemnify and hold JUICE and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners and employees harmless from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities (including statutory liability and liability to third parties), penalties and costs (including, without limitation, legal costs on a full indemnity basis), awards, losses and/or expenses due to or arising out of:
I. any use of the Site or any of its Services;
II. your connection to the Site;
III. your breach of any terms and conditions of the Terms;
IV. your violation of any rights of another person or entity; or
V. your breach of any statutory requirement, duty or law.
46. If any provision of the Terms is found to be illegal, void or unenforceable under any law that is applicable hereto, or if any court of competent jurisdiction in a final decision so determines, the Terms shall continue in force, save that such provision shall be deemed to be deleted.
RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
47. Nothing in the Terms shall constitute, or be deemed to constitute, an agency, partnership or joint venture between JUICE and you, and neither party shall have any authority to bind the other in any way.
48. No waiver of any rights or remedies by JUICE shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorised representative of JUICE.
49. A failure by JUICE to exercise or enforce any rights conferred upon it by the Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of variation of any such rights, or operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at any subsequent time or times.
RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
50. Except as provided for in Clause 45, a person or entity who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any term of this Agreement, regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name, as a member of a class or as answering a particular description.
51. The Site is owned and operated by JUICE in Singapore. JUICE makes no representation that the contents of the Site are appropriate or available for use in your location. Those who choose to access this Site from any location do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
52. The Terms and all matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Site and its Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, including, without limitation, the provisions of theSingapore Evidence Act (Chapter 97) and the Electronic Transactions Act (Cap. 88), without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
53. You hereby agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
(Last updated on April 19, 2017)